Papa's Southern stuffed mushrooms are super easy to make and cook in minutes on the grill or skillet! They make the perfect game-day snack, healthy meal option, but also impress as a first course when having friends over for a good ole Southern get-together!
Prep: 5-10 mins
Cook: Until cheeses are melted & Bacon is done to your liking
Additional: 5 mins to cool and plot on the ones you’re gonna snag.
Feeds about 6 (but you’ll probably wanna make more cause they’re that good! We guarantee it!)
GROCERIES YOU'LL NEED
- 1 Pack of Bacon (usually about 16 slices in a pack - we suggest using thickly sliced bacon)
- 1-2 packs of mushrooms (remember…you just need at least 16 shrooms)
- 1 packs of Shredded Cheddar Cheese (2 packs if you enjoy extra cheese)
- Major Merritt's Hot Sauce (our sauce is Home-Grown right here in the U.S.A!)
- Honeybee Habanero BBQ Sauce (of course it's homegrown and 100% American Made....)
- Worcestershire sauce
- Wooden Toothpicks
HOW TO COOK IT
Step 1: Wash 'n De-stem
Wash your shrooms & de-stem. (you can easily pop those stems out by pushing them forward & backward.)
Dry mushrooms by placing them hole-side down on a paper towel. Once dry, flip those babies back over.
Step 3: Pour
Step 4: Wait 10 min for those juices to sink in...
Step 5: Stuff
Stuff each mushroom with cheese (you can add a sliver of jalapeno, pickle, or garlic on top of the cheese if you like to spice things up!)
Step 6: Wrap
Place the end part of the bacon strip on top of the stuffed shroom & wrap the rest of the bacon strip around it until you run out of meat. Stick center with a toothpick to hold everything in place while cooking.
Step 7: Cook
Place on a hot grill or skillet and cook until cheese is melted and bacon is done to your likin. Should only have to flip ‘em once.
Step 8: Enjoy your new favorite Southern snack!